The CrossFit9 Intramural Open season kicks off March 11th! This is your guide on how to participate.
What the heck is the CrossFit Open?
The CrossFit Open is a 3-week fitness extravaganza! Anyone can participate in a weekly workout and get scored against hundreds of thousands of other CrossFitters in the world.
For elite athletes, it's the first step towards qualifying for the CrossFit Games. For 99.1% of athletes in a CrossFit affiliate, it's just a really fun time to measure our fitness and come together as a community. That's why, here at CrossFit9, we have our own Intramural CrossFit Open...
What is the CrossFit9 Intramural Open?
At CrossFit9, we prefer an intramural-style open, with an emphasis on fun, charity, and community quality time.
Every Thursday evening during the Open, CrossFit HQ announces the workouts online. We have a little 8:00pm watch party at the gym, and we will make an announcement in our community Facebook group to let you know what to expect for the workout.
(Not in the CrossFit9 + 9HIIT Community Group? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your invite.)
Friday Night Fight
Open WODs are to be done during our weekly Friday Night Fight, kicking off at 6:00 PM every Friday March 12 – March 26. This is "game day," so show up ready to have a good time and cheer others on. All of our athletes will warm up and do their workout in heats, trading judging responsibilities as we go.
Oh yeah, did we mention it's a costume party, too?
Our weekly times and costume themes:
- If you decide to do your workout outside this time and want a judge, you will be responsible for using our community Facebook Group to find a person who can accommodate - or contact email@example.com. Please allow 48 hours of notice. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ZACK.
- The weekly open workout will be our Friday CrossFit WOD in class.
- There will be no regular 6:00 PM Friday WOD, so attend 5:00 PM or come to Friday Night Fight!
SIGN UP NOW!
What are my sign-up options?
1. Join the CF9 Intramural Open with a $20 donation, and we'll pool the money to go towards Feeding Tampa Bay, a local nonprofit that provides meals to those in need right here in the Bay Area. For every $1 raised, Feeding Tampa Bay can make 10 meals for those in need.
You may make your donation using credit card, PayPal, or Venmo using these buttons, or bring cash to Friday Night Fight.
Once your payment is done, all you have to do is show up and work out!
No official Games score submission necessary, unless you go on to...
2. Optional second step: Join the Official CrossFit Games Open to see how you stack up against every other athlete in the world! (You must register at open.crossfit.com.) Cost: $20