“Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
– World Health Organization
Happy Friday, #9Nation!
• Bodybuilding gets a bad rap in the functional fitness world, but at CrossFit9 we’re all about borrowing isolation movements for injury prevention. (Hey, aesthetics, too!) One of our favorite Instagram accounts right now: Games Athlete Marcus Filly’s @functional.bodybuilding.
• Super fascinating, if not morbid: This Ted-Ed video on History’s Deadliest Colors.
• If you, like many of us at CrossFit9, are doing the Whole Life Challenge, a January Whole30, or just trying to eat better in general, you’ll want to check out this helpful post on how to dine out and stay compliant. (#TeamChipotle!)
• SIT UP STRAIGHT. Okay, you know your posture could already use some improvement. But here are some better ways to improve your posture (instead of waiting for your coach to yell at you).
• You eat well. You show up to the gym. You mobilize. So what’s an athlete to do to gain an edge? Breathe better. Start with this exercise once a day.
[gdlr_divider type=”solid” size=”50%” ]
Get the Five Bullet Friday Newsletter!
Get awesome stuff like Movement Tip Mondays and Five Bullet Fridays in your inbox.
If you’ve previously signed up for our newsletter, use this form to update your preferences so you’ll hear from us on the regular! (We don’t want to pester you unless the feeling’s mutual.)