9'ers, we've received strict orders from the State of Florida to close our doors, effective immediately and indefinitely.
While there are a lot of unknowns, we make this promise: We will not leave you hanging.
9'ERS, WE HAVE YOUR BACK
Our coaches are hustling around the clock to bring you the best possible experience at a bad time.
Here's an incomplete list of what we are doing:
- One-on-one coach check-ins. Our members have been divided up by our staff, and we'll be checking in with you regularly. Whether you need help with groceries, tech assistance with Zoom, brainstorming on how to exercise at home, or a shoulder to cry on, we'll be here for you.
- Live online Zoom classes daily. Every night at 8:00 PM, members will receive the email with our links and class times for the next day.
- Can't join us for class times? Look for home-friendly versions of our workouts in Wodify. (Open the app and choose Today's WOD > Date > Programs: At-Home Workout.) We also recommend bookmarking our YouTube Travel WOD playlist.
- We've loaned out nearly all of our equipment free of charge to our members. (With the exception of cardio machines, which have a small weekly fee.)
- Virtual social meetups, announced over the member email and in our members-only Facebook group. Expect Wine Wednesdays, Netflix watch parties, and family game nights!
- The 800 Gram Challenge. Imagine making a big positive impact on your health at a time like this. We're offering this nutrition initiative FREE to our members (a $50 value).
- Community Hero 5k & 10k: The virtual run that you can complete anytime, anywhere. Not only will your proceeds go to help local businesses who desperately need help, you'll also be entered to win amazing prizes! (Challenge your friends!)
- Vulvas & Barbells Virtual: By huge demand, we're teaming up with Kaylee Semmelman, PT, DPT to bring a pelvic floor workshop to you online! (No more peeing on double unders, ladies!) – April 4, 10:30 AM
We'll also temporarily suspend Grit Squad, so don't worry, your track record is intact.
A Letter from the Owners
Friends, it goes without saying that we care deeply about your health. We fought to keep your access to the gym as long as we possibly could. But now our fight will look different than it ever has.
We'll be moving our efforts to a remote, online model. We're excited for the challenge. We'll continue to update this page as we add to our member offerings.
It's worth noting this is as good a time as any to work on the basics: Eat real, nutrient-dense food; get 7–9 hours of sleep; hydrate plenty; and work out consistently. We know it's stressful out there right now, but there are things we can control and they will make a difference.
Lastly, thank you for your support of our small business, coaches, and staff. As you might imagine (or know yourself), this is an uncertain time to run and/or work for a small business. It's certain many will not make it.
At CrossFit9 we are committed to paying our coaches and retaining our staff through the shutdown. We will continue to provide subscription digital service to our active members.
If you are in the financial position that you are able to keep your membership active during this time, it will help us weather this storm and be ready to open on the other side with minimal effects to the service we all know and love.
This is truly a situation where we are responding as best we can with the information in front of us. If this pandemic drags out extensively, we will review our membership renewal options at that time. We are not looking to capitalize on your goodwill; we're looking to simply survive to serve you later.
We're thankful for your support, we're committed as ever, and we want to be able to serve you in a healthy atmosphere for many, many years to come.
If you have any questions, please use the form below to reach out.
Lindsay Alvestad and Zack Ola
CrossFit9 + 9HIIT
We'll keep you updated through the following avenues:
- By sending an email to you at the email address you have on file in Wodify
- Messaging athletes who have signed up for text alerts (you can opt in here)
- Announcing in Wodify
- Facebook and Instagram
- Our secret CrossFit9 + 9HIIT Community Facebook Group. (Are you a current member who is not in this group? Use the form at the bottom of this page to let us know, and we'll add you!)
These are also the same outlets we use if the gym were to close during tropical storm season, or for any other reason.