The CrossFit Open kicks off Thursday, February 16. This is the all-encompassing guide for members and guests to participate at CrossFit9!
So What's the CrossFit Open?
The CrossFit Open is a 3-week worldwide competition that anyone can join.
For those pursuing CrossFit as a sport, this is the beginning of the search for the Fittest on Earth, and a chance to get scored against all the other participants around the world. (Read: How CrossFit Finds the Fittest on Earth)
For most folks, it's a chance to push themselves and evaluate their fitness level against previous and future years.
Every Thursday starting Feb. 16, CrossFit HQ will announce a new workout at 3:00 PM (EST). You can view the live stream at games.crossfit.com.
And How Does it Work at CrossFit9?
At CrossFit9, we host an Intramural-style Open focusing on community and fun over competition. (Including costume themes!)
Friday Night Fight
Open WODs are to be done during our weekly Friday Night Fight, kicking off at 5:30 PM every Friday from Feb. 17 through March 3.
This is "game day," so show up ready to have a good time and cheer others on. All of our athletes will warm up and do their workout in heats, trading judging responsibilities as we go.
We can't forget to mention: Friday Night Fight is also a costume theme party!
- Judges will not be provided at any time besides Friday Night Fight. If you decide to do your workout outside this time and want a judge, you will be responsible for using our community Facebook Group to find a person who can accommodate - or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours of notice. PLEASE DO NOT ASK ZACK.
- The weekly open workout will be our Friday in-class CrossFit WOD.
- There will be no regular 5:30 PM Friday CrossFit WOD nor 9FIT during the Open in lieu of Friday Night Fight.
How Do I Sign Up?
You have two choices.
1. Join the CF9 Intramural Open FREE. Just show up at Friday Night Fight and get to gettin'.
No official Games score submission necessary unless you go on to...
2. Optional second step: Join the Official CrossFit Games Open to see how you stack up against every other athlete in the world! (You must register at open.crossfit.com.) Cost: $20
Don't be afraid to reach out to our team at email@example.com if you have questions.
Good luck, and Happy Open Season!